This advisory is for the participants of the 9th Asian Bird Fair in Chiayi, Taiwan this coming November 16-20, 2018.
- If you have not paid for your delegate fee yet, kindly pay online by clicking this link: https://core.spgateway.com/EPG/sentraveltpe/nHNgCu
- If you need visa assistance, kindly email Victor Yu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have not included your flight details upon registration, kindly do so as soon as you have booked your flight by sending an email to email@example.com cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Try to book your flight to arrive at the Taoyuan International Airport (Taipei) on the early afternoon of November 16 at the latest in order to attend the Welcome Dinner in the evening.
UPON ARRIVAL IN TAIWAN:
- At the Taoyuan International Airport, look for directions to the MRT Station.
- If you arrive at Airport Terminal 1, your MRT station is A12.
- If you arrive at Airport Terminal 2, your MRT station is A13.
- From A12 or A13, purchase an MRT ticket to Taoyuan HSR Station A18.
- The cost of the ticket is NT$ 35.00.
- Please see illustrations below. Kindly see this link for MTR details, https://www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/taoyuan_metro
- Upon arrival at MRT Station A18 (Taoyuan HSR Station), Jason of SEN Travel (wearing 9th ABF shirt) will be on hand to assist ABF delegates with directions to the HSR trains. Elvis of SEN Travel (wearing 9th ABF shirt) will assist delegates who booked online to get the ticket and seats at the Taoyuan HSR Station.
- The regular one-way ticket is NT$ 920.00. We suggest purchasing your tickets online at least one day before your arrival and it would cost NT$ 736.00 only. The ticket is only valid for 30 days, so make sure you do not buy your tickets too early. To purchase your HSR ticket from Taoyuan to Chiayi online, click: https://sentravel.welcometw.com/tour/kxA
- The organizers will pick up delegates at the HSR Chiayi Station for transfer to Renyi Lake Hotel on November 16. Click here to know more about the hotel http://www.renyilakehotel.com.tw/en/
- For delegates who are planning to go to Chiayi earlier than November 16, we suggest staying at the Madison de Chine in Chiayi City (http://chiayi.maisondechinehotel.com/en/index.php), or we may help you to book the hotel by request. We will arrange for a bus to pick-up delegates at the Madison de Chine at 1230 on November 16 to bring to the Renyi Lake Hotel, the official hotel of the 9th ABF.
- For delegates who have arrived at the Renyi Lake Hotel before 1400 on November 16, we have arranged for a visit to the Southern Branch of the National Palace Museum. You can visit the exhibits at the museum (free of charge) or go birding in the park around the museum. A bus will pick up delegates at Renyi Lake Hotel at 1400.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- The venue of the Asian Bird Fair is the High Heel Park. Each organization will be provided with a 3m x 3m tent with electrical outlet. Please bring your own adaptor.
- We are coming up with a souvenir program. Kindly send the logo of your organization/company ASAP to email@example.com to be included in the souvenir program.
- This is one of the largest ABFs in terms of foreign delegates who confirmed participation with more than 140 foreign delegates representing 50 organizations (NGOs and commercial operators) from 26 countries. We will send the official list of exhibitors later. As a special offer to international delegates, we are offering The Field Guide to the Birds of Taiwan, English version at US$ 30.00 only (25% off from USD40). To order your copies, kindly click https://goo.gl/EFvjtl.
- The weather in Chiayi in November could be mild and dry, perhaps a little windy. Average temperature is about 23Cﾟ(27Cﾟ-17Cﾟ). But if you are joining a post tour to the mountains, the temperature could drop to 10Cﾟor even lower.
- Click HERE for the schedule of activities for the ABF proper.